- DuPont, Chemours reach agreement over PFAS Forever Chemicalby Levin Papantonio on January 25, 2021 at 3:26 pm
The Dupont Co. announced a binding memorandum of understanding related to the environmental liabilities of pollution stemming from man-made chemicals—per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)—that are linked to cancer, according to a January 23, 2021 report from the Associated... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- DOJ Files Lawsuit Against Walmart Over Opioid Crisisby Levin Papantonio on January 10, 2021 at 3:36 pm
The Department of Justice (DOJ) has filed a nationwide lawsuit against Walmart Inc. According to a civil complaint the DOJ filed, Walmart pharmacies across the country unlawfully dispensed controlled substances. At the height of the country’s prescription opioid crisis, Walmart unlawfully... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- The Case of Egregious Conduct Against Skanska and the Pensacola Bay Bridge Damageby Levin Papantonio on December 17, 2020 at 3:51 pm
“It’s not just about a bridge,” Sarah Papantonio, attorney at Levin Papantonio, said in an interview with The Big Picture host Holland Cooke.Papantonio was referring to the Pensacola Bay Bridge, which was rendered unusable on September 15, 2020, when 27 barges broke loose... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- Looking Beyond Pelvic Mesh Injuriesby Levin Papantonio on December 13, 2020 at 3:45 pm
For years, media outlets, medical practitioners, and legal professionals have publicized, studied, treated, and represented women who endured health issues after receiving pelvic/transvaginal mesh implants.However, patients who suffered injuries from their surgical mesh implanted to treat hernias... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- Judge Blocks Proposed Elmiron Class Actionby Levin Papantonio on December 6, 2020 at 4:15 pm
A federal judge has blocked the class action lawsuit proposed in Almond v. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, wherein the plaintiff had not yet suffered injury from the defendant’s drug, but rather demanded compensation for medical monitoring to check for signs of damage from the... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- New Surgery for Essure Removal Relieves Device-Related Pain in Patientsby Levin Papantonio on December 3, 2020 at 1:15 am
The Journal of Robotic Surgery published results of a study touting a new robotic-assisted surgical approach for the removal of Essure, a medical contraceptive device designed as an alternative to tubal ligation.How the Study Was ConductedThe purpose of the study was... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- Plaintiffs Must Select New Trial for Talc Verdict or Reduced Damage Awardby Levin Papantonio on November 20, 2020 at 3:24 pm
Johnson & Johnson is the defendant in more than 20,000 lawsuits that allege the company’s talcum-based Johnson’s Baby Powder and Shower-to-Shower caused plaintiffs to develop mesothelioma and ovarian cancer. In one such case, Olson v. Brenntag N. Am., Inc., plaintiffs Donna... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- Australia Bans Three Breast Implantsby Levin Papantonio on November 4, 2020 at 10:49 pm
Three types of highly textured implants can no longer be supplied or imported to, or exported from, Australia. On October 29, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) had dropped the following three breast implant entries from the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG),... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- From Beovu to Blindness to Strokeby Levin Papantonio on October 31, 2020 at 2:43 pm
On February 23, 2020, the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) warned members about the side effects of Beovu, an injectable drug used to treat wet age-related macular degeneration. The organization reported results from a study revealing side effects of retinal... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- Elmiron: A Failure of Visionby Levin Papantonio on October 28, 2020 at 6:25 pm
An explosion of recent studies from multiple university medical centers recently exposed that the use of the prescription drug Elmiron® can result in patients’ vision failure, up to and including legal blindness. Elmiron® is the brand name for pentosane polysulfate sodium... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- Lawsuits for Vision Problems Caused by Elmironby Levin Papantonio on October 20, 2020 at 1:38 pm
With 80 product liability lawsuits already filed and hundreds more likely to follow, lawyers are discussing the coordination of multi-district litigation (MDL). To date, legal action has been taken against Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., and... To read the entire article, click the title above.
- What You Should Know About Hernia Mesh Complicationsby Levin Papantonio on October 15, 2020 at 2:04 pm
According to the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, more than one million hernia repair surgeries happen every year in the U.S., 90 percent of hernia repair surgeries use hernia mesh.Hernia mesh is a medical device used in hernia repair surgeries. Surgeons implant the screen-like... To read the entire article, click the title above.
New to MTMP?
Let us guide you through everything you need to know about the conference and how to prepare for your first time.
Partner With Levin Papantonio Rafferty
For many law firms, the best results often can be achieved by co-counseling with an established mass torts and class action law firm.