Jan Conlin has a long record of leading high-stakes intellectual property and business-critical litigation. Known for her trial and examination skills, Ms. Conlin uses her well-honed expertise in the areas of trial strategy and risk assessment to find unique business resolutions for litigation-based conflicts of all sizes.
BTI named Jan an esteemed “Client Service All-Star Team” four times (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013)—an honor rarely given more than once. Other key industry recognitions include:
- Inducted into International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Named nationally Top 100 Trial Lawyer and Top 10 Female Litigator, Benchmark (2015)
- Named one of the “500 Leading Lawyers in America,” Lawdragon (2014)
- Named one of the “Top 250 Women in Litigation,” Benchmark Litigation (2013-2014)
- Minnesota Lawyer’s “Attorney of the Year” (2008)
- “Minnesota Super Lawyer” (2003, 2005-2016), “Top 100 Women Super Lawyer” (2005-2009), “Top 50 Women Super Lawyer” (2011-2015)
- Named one of the “25 Women Industry Leaders” by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (2007)
- Consistently listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2007-2015 editions)
At her former firm, Jan was an elected member of the Executive Board and Chair of the Business Litigation Department.
Jan has multiple nine-figure patent infringement and business litigation representations including a $520.6 million verdict against Microsoft in 2004, a $400 million settlement for Pitney Bowes Inc. in a patent dispute against Hewlett Packard in 2001, and the 2009 defeat of a $100 million breach of licensing claim, where she earned a unanimous defense verdict as well as an award of attorney’s fees for her client.
In addition, Jan is extensively involved in the community and she has provided many hours of service to the organizations she supports. Her volunteer activities include multiple board-leadership positions including Board Trustee, The Minneapolis Foundation (Chair-Governance Committee); Board of Directors, Catholic Charities (term completed, Chair-Development Committee); Board Member, Minnesota Orchestral Association (term completed); past Chair, St. Thomas Law School Board of Governor’s; past Chair, Minnesota State Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section Governing Council; past Chair, University of Minnesota Law School, Board of Advisors, and Friends of Ascension Board Member. She is a member of the Sedona Conference Working Group on Patent Remedies.