Ned is a partner at Cohen & Malad, LLP in Indianapolis, Indiana and has extensive experience representing victims of dangerous drugs and medical devices, medical malpractice, and general negligence across the country.
Specific to prescription drug and medical device cases, Ned has served on multiple Plaintiffs’ Steering Committees, represented thousands of clients, worked up numerous bellwether cases for trial, and deposed dozens of witnesses, including corporate liability witnesses, non-party fact witnesses, treating and prescribing physicians, and expert witnesses.
He has also authored and argued dispositive motions in state, federal, and appeals courts across the country. Ned has also served as Amicus Counsel for the Indiana Trial Lawyers’ Association on multiple occasions.
Ned’s litigation leadership roles include:
– Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, Co-Chair of Discovery Committee, and Chair of Marketing Discovery Committee, Gilead Tenofovir Cases, JCCP 5043 (San Francisco County Superior Court)
– Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee & Co-Chair of Narrative Committee, In Re: Zofran (Ondansetron) Prods. Liab. LItig., MDL No. 2657 (D. Mass.)
– Bellwether Counsel, Papandrea v. AbbVie et al., In Re: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Prods. Liab. Litig., MDL No. 2425 (N.D. Ill.)
– Court-Appointed Class Counsel, Price et al. v. BP Prods. North America, Inc., Civ. No. 12-cv-06779-RWG (N.D. Ill.)
– Discovery Committee, National Opiates Litigation (N.D. Ohio)
Ned has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in Indiana eight years in a row and every year since 2013 and was recognized by Best Lawyers in America in 2020.