Ned is an experienced trial lawyer who co-leads Cohen & Malad, LLP's Mass Tort/Products Liability team. His team has developed a national reputation for representing clients in complex litigation who have been severely injured by dangerous prescription drugs and defective medical devices. Ned also has experience representing the victims of medical malpractice and those who have suffered catastrophic injuries or death as a result of automobile and tractor-trailer accidents, day-care and nursing home negligence, and aviation disasters.
Ned has served on multiple trial teams and secured numerous favorable decisions from state and federal trial courts across the country. Recently, Ned obtained an $11 million jury verdict after a two-week trial for a client who lost his leg as a result of medical malpractice.
Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes. Case results vary dramatically depending on specific facts and circumstances.
Because of his experience litigating complex mass tort cases, Ned has been appointed by numerous courts to serve in key leadership roles in multi-district, consolidated, and class actions, including:
- Plaintiffs' Steering Committee, Exactech Master Case v. Exactech, Case No. 01-2022-CA-002670 (Cir. Ct., Alachua Co., Florida)
- Co-Lead Counsel ““ Strattice Hernia Mesh coordinated actions, Sandoval v. Lifecell Corporation et al., master docket no. 2:21-cv-17705-BRM-LDW (D. NJ.)
- Litigation Liaison Counsel ““ In re Strattice Hernia Mesh Litigation, Multi-County Litigation No. 636 (N.J. Sup. Ct., Atlantic County).
- Plaintiffs' Steering Committee, Co-Chair of Discovery Committee, & Chair of Marketing Committee ““ In re: Gilead Tenofovir Cases, California JCCP (California Superior Court, San Francisco)
- Plaintiffs' Steering Committee & Co-Chair of Narrative Committee ““ In Re: Zofran Prods. Liab. Litig., MDL No. 2657 (D. Mass.)
- Class Counsel, Price et al. v. BP Products North America, Inc., Civ. No. 12-cv-06779-RWG (N.D. Ill.)
- National Coordinated Counsel in pain pump device litigation
Ned has also served as Counsel for Amicus Curiae Indiana Trial Lawyers Association in the following matters:
- Denson v. Dillard, 116 N,E, 3d 535 (Ind. Ct. App. 2018)
- Shelton v. Kroger, 58 N.E.3d 229 (Ind. Ct. App. 2016)
- Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Exposure
- Exactech Hip, Knee, and Ankle implants
- Strattice Hernia Mesh products
- TDF HIV Medications
- Philips CPAP machines
- Talcum Powder
- Round Up
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (“œLow T” drugs)
- IVC filters
In his free time, Ned enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, travelling internationally, skiing, boating, and pursuing his passion for photography.