Click HERE to register
- The Manual for Complex Litigation addresses the obligations of transferee judges in connection with appointing steering committees. What should that include regarding the inquiry associated with a lawyer's ability to finance the litigation and provide the requisite expertise and infrastructure?
- Can the Court simply accept attestations from the lawyers regarding their financial status?
- What documentation should or must a lawyer present regarding financial status?
- Can the court on a regular basis continue to seek information regarding the lawyer's current financial status?
- Must a lawyer provide loan documents including whether the loan is non-recourse along with the applicable interest rates and what if any control the lender has over the lawyer?
- What control will non-lawyers have over lawyers that are in the same firm?
- How will the Courts control non-lawyers?
- Should states adopt the Arizona model of eliminating its version of Rule 5.4 entirely and allow firms to be owned by non-lawyers?