Michael L. McGlamry is and has been actively representing plaintiffs in personal injury, wrongful death, products and pharmaceutical liability, class actions and mass torts actions that have resulted in verdicts or settlements approaching a billion dollars. Many of these cases were the first such cases in the nation and many involved innovative, ground-breaking legal strategies. He and his partners have long been recognized both in Georgia and nationally as a go-to firm that will take on the most challenging cases and opposition.
In the last few years, McGlamry has focused on mass tort litigation and has served in leadership roles in several national, high profile, injury cases. McGlamry has served in leadership roles in the following:
- NFL Players’ Concussion Litigation, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, MDL No. 2323 (Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, Co-Lead, Discovery Committee and Communications Committee)
- Wright Medical Technology, Inc. Conserve Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, MDL No. 2329 (Co-Lead Counsel)
- Wright Hip System Cases, Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles, Judicial Council Coordination Proceeding No. 4710 (Co-Lead Counsel)
- Biomet M2a Magnum Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, Cause No. 3:12-md-2391 (Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee)
- Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court, Minnesota, MDL No. 13-2441
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem and ABG II Modular Hip Stem Litigation, Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Bergen County, Case Code 296, Master Case No. BER-L-936-13 (Plaintiffs’ Leadership)
- WellNx Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, U.S. District Court, Eastern Division of Massachusetts, MDL No. 07-md-1861 (Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee) McGlamry lecturers frequently at AAJ, GTLA and the State Bar of Georgia. In addition, McGlamry serves on several rules related committees of the Georgia Bar.
Mike McGlamry and his wife, Anne, have 3 beautiful and talented daughters, Caroline, Kate and Elizabeth. Caroline is now an associate attorney in the firm. In his spare time, McGlamry remains active athletically, serves as an active member of Haygood United Methodist Church and supports all things Wake Forest.