Ron Johnson is an attorney who has devoted his career to representing the injured victims of malpractice and negligence throughout the United States. Ron’s practice has a specific focus on complex litigation involving catastrophic injuries from defective medical devices, including testosterone therapy and Stryker Triathlon knee replacements, hospital mistakes, truck and car accidents, harmful consumer products and exposure to dangerous conditions on other’s property. Ron has succesfully represented victims who have suffered catastrophic injuries from defective products in courts from California to Connecticut.
Ron has recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of the victims of such negligence. It is important to him that these victims are financially able to pay for the extensive future medical care that they will require, as well as replace their lost income if they are no longer able to work as a result of their injury. Handling large and complex national litigation requires extensive experience and knowledge. Through his years of litigating these cases, Ron has developed a network of professional colleagues across the country who are some of the finest attorneys handling injury cases. By working with his colleagues in a collaborative fashion, Ron is able to maximize the recovery for clients no matter where in the country their case might be filed.
Ron's education, background, training, honors, and professional memberships include:
- Sigma Iota Rho Honor Society Graduate of Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee;
- Graduate of the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law in Louisville, Kentucky;
- Licensed to Practice Law in Kentucky, Ohio and numerous Federal Courts;
- Editor of the Brandeis Law Review;
- Board of Governors and Executive Committee of the Kentucky Justice Association currently serving as Treasurer;
- Member of the American Association of Justice, currently chair of the Toning Shoe Litigation Group;
- Former member of Attorney Steering Committee for Citizens for Better Judges in Louisville, Kentucky;
- Past member of the Louis D. Brandeis and current member of the Salmon P. Chase Inns of Court where he currently chairs the Program Committee and serves on the Executive Committee;
- Member of the Attorney Advertising Commission for the Kentucky Bar Association;
- Past speaker at the Kentucky Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Seminar;
- Frequent Lecturer for the Kentucky Justice Association;
- Recipient of Outstanding Board Member Award of the Kentucky Justice Association 2005;
- Participant in annual Trial by Jury demonstration at Kentucky State Fair;
- Member of the Board of the Kentucky Arts Council for the Commonwealth of Kentucky where he chairs the Nominating Committee;
- Member of Kentucky Bar Association, Ohio Bar Association, Northern Kentucky Bar Association, Louisville Bar Association, and Cincinnati Bar Association.
Ron is married to Kathleen Johnson, who is a Professor of Law at Northern Kentucky University and teaches legal courses in the magnet school program at Dixie High School in Kenton County, Kentucky. When not working for his clients or spending time with his family, Ron enjoys fly-fishing, snow skiing, reading, and cooking for his friends and family.
“From the first day I became a lawyer, I made the deliberate decision to only represent those individuals who were hurt, needed help, and could not afford to hire a lawyer who charged a big hourly fee. It is an honor to be able to spend every day of my working life helping to put good people back on their feet and fighting for justice on their behalf.”