Pete Miller's dedication to serving the public did not begin with his legal career. Before becoming an attorney, Pete spent more than 10 years as a Navy Fighter Pilot. He received the Naval Air Medal after flying combat missions in both Bosnia and Iraq. After his military service, Pete went on to log more than 10,000 flight hours, many of which were spent flying for a major U.S. airline.
After his military and flight careers, Pete Miller earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, then studied the law under the rigorous Virginia Law Reader Program. Now, he focuses his practice on areas of the law which allow him to fight for the rights of individuals who have been affected by the negligence of others, including personal injury, aviation law, motor vehicle accidents, and products and pharmaceutical liability claims.
Attorney Miller has extensive experience in dangerous drug and pharmaceutical product liability litigation and has served on Plaintiffs' Steering Committees in the following claims:
- Pain Pump Litigation in California State Court (JCCP 4615)
- Digitek Litigation (MDL 1968)
- Biomet Metal-on-Metal Hip Litigation (MDL 2391)
- Mr. Miller has also represented clients in the following notable claims:
- Diet Drug Litigation (MDL 1203)
- Vioxx (MDL 1657)
- Ortho Evra Products (MDL 1742)
- Metronic Sprint Fidelis Leads (MDL 1905)
- Avandia Marketing, Sales Practices (MDL 1871)
- Zyprexa (MDL 1596)
Attorney Pete Miller joined the Virginia Bar in 2002 and is also an active member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.