Tina Wolfson has been a litigator since 1994, with an emphasis on the representation of plaintiffs in employment and consumer class action lawsuits. Ms. Wolfson graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1994. After law school, Ms. Wolfson began her legal career at Morrison & Foerster, LLP, where she practiced complex business litigation. She also represented indigent individuals in immigration and deportation trials, contributing to Morrison & Foerster’s longstanding commitment to pro bono work. Ms. Wolfson then gained further litigation experience as an associate attorney at a boutique law firm, focusing her practice on the representation of plaintiffs in civil rights and employment cases.
In 1998, Ms. Wolfson and Robert Ahdoot founded Ahdoot Wolfson, establishing a distinguished practice of consumer protection, employment litigation, and complex business litigation. Ms. Wolfson is licensed to practice in California, New York, and the District of Columbia and focuses on consumer class actions involving deceptive business practices, false advertising, and invasions of privacy. She has been appointed plaintiffs’ lead counsel in numerous consumer class actions. Ms. Wolfson frequently lectures throughout the nation on class action topics. In 2018, Ms. Wolfson was selected to be a Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference lawyer representative.
Ms. Wolfson also serves as a co-chair of the Federal Torts Section of the Federal Bar Association, and on the board of Public Justice. She co-authored, along with Bradley King, an article discussing developments in enforcement of arbitration agreements. Additionally, Ms. Wolfson frequently lectures on numerous topics related to class action litigation across the country. An incomplete list of her speaking engagements is as follows:
- HarrisMartin: “‘Just the Facts’: The Equifax Breach – Pre-Breach Events and PostBreach Responses,” November 2017, Atlanta (Co-Chair)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers: “Navigating Class Action Settlement Negotiations and Court Approval: A Discussion with the Experts,” May 2017, Los Angeles; featuring the Hon. Philip S. Gutierrez and the Hon. Jay C. Gandhi
- American Conference Institute: “2nd Cross-Industry and Interdisciplinary Summit on Defending and Managing Complex Class Actions,” April 2017, New York: Class Action Mock Settlement Exercise featuring the Hon. Anthony J. Mohr
- CalBar Privacy Panel: “Privacy Law Symposium: Insider Views on Emerging Trends in Privacy Law Litigation and Enforcement Actions in California,” March 2017, Los Angeles (Moderator), featuring the Hon. Kim Dunning
- Federal Bar Association: Northern District of California Chapter “2016 Class Action Symposium,” December 2016, San Francisco (Co-Chair); featuring the Hon. Joseph F. Anderson, Jr., and the Hon. Susan Y. Illston
- Federal Bar Association: The Future of Class Actions, featuring the Hon. Jon Tigar and the Hon. Laurel Beeler, “Cutting Edge Topics in Class Action Litigation,” November 2015, San Francisco (Co-Chair and Faculty), featuring the Hon. Jon S. Tigar and the Hon. Laurel Beeler
- American Association for Justice: AAJ 2015 Annual Convention – “The Mechanics of Class Action Certification,” July 2015, Montreal
- HarrisMartin: Data Breach Litigation Conference: The Coming of Age – “The First Hurdles: Standing and Other Motion to Dismiss Arguments,” March 2015, San Diego
- Bridgeport: 2015 Annual Consumer Class Action Conference, February 2015, Miami (Co-Chair)
- Venable, LLP: Invited by former opposing counsel to present mock oral argument on a motion to certify the class in a food labeling case, Hon. Marilyn Hall Patel (Ret.) presiding, October 2014, San Francisco
- Bridgeport: 15th Annual Class Action Litigation Conference – “Food Labeling and Nutritional Claim Specific Class Actions,” September 2014, San Francisco (Co-Chair and Panelist)
- Bridgeport: 2014 Consumer Class Action Conference – “Hot Topics in Food Class Action Litigation,” June 2014, Chicago. •
- Perrin Conferences: Challenges Facing the Food and Beverage Industries in Complex Consumer Litigations, invited to discuss cutting edge developments in settlement negotiations, notice, and other topics, April 2014, Chicago
- Bridgeport: Class Action Litigation & Management Conference – “Getting Your Settlement Approved,” April 2014, Los Angeles
- HarrisMartin: Target Data Security Breach Litigation Conference – “Neiman Marcus and Michael’s Data Breach Cases and the Future of Data Breach Cases,” March 2014, San Diego
- Bridgeport: Advertising, Marketing & Media Law: Litigation and Best Management Practices – “Class Waivers and Arbitration Provisions PostConcepcion / Oxford Health Care,” March 2014, Los Angeles.